- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 large leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; add to slow cooker. Stir in peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Reviews for Veggie Potato Soup
"This recipe is great! However I've been cooking it on a stove top instead of a crock pot. I boil the potatoes, and carrots for 5 minutes in the vegetable broth. Then I plop in rest of the ten ingredients. It takes another 10 minutes for the potatoes and carrots to get soft. Add the peas, cream and flower mixture and stir till combined. Let it cook for 15 more minutes on medium heat then BAM thank you ma'am."
"This soup was amazing! I am so confused by the reviews that said this had no taste. The only thing I did different from the instructions with use my own homemade vegetable stock, replace the peas with broccoli and cauliflower (not a fan of peas unless fresh from the garden) and used heavy whipping cream instead of half-and-half. As an additional little treat, I tossed some oyster crackers with butter, rosemary, thyme, and salt and baked them for about 10 minutes to use as soup topping! It was really quite delicious and I plan to make this around Christmas when the whole family is in town!"
"After a few modifications I can honestly say that this is my new favorite soup recipe. I used better than bullion chicken stock and used fresh herbs rather than dry. I used several garlic cloves and sautéed the garlic and leeks before adding the other ingredients. I never added the cream, flour or peas because I loved the flavor so much. It is wonderful and I look forward to sharing with friends and family"
"So yummy! Used yellow onion in place of leeks. Sprinkled some shredded cheddar in bowl before serving. Made on top of the stove. Great comfort food on a cold day!"
"This was very good. I added sweet potatoes and chicken as suggested by another review."
"SO yummy!! I cut the thyme in half because I felt the herb was too strong for my 3 y/o. I've also added sweet potatoes and shredded chicken to the recipe."