Chock-full of potatoes, this vegetarian soup is as filling as it is flavorful. Serve on cold winter nights with crusty bread or take a thermos-full to work; with this in store, you'll really look forward to lunch! —Hannah Thompson, Scotts Valley, California
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 large leek (white portion only), chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; add to slow cooker. Stir in peas. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield: 11 servings (2-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Veggie Potato Soup in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p42
Reviews for Veggie Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review