- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, tomato, peas, cheese, celery, egg and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over macaroni mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Veggie Macaroni Salad
"This is really good and easy to make. I added an extra tablespoon of mustard and some salt and pepper just to suit our tastes, but it would still be very good as is."
"My family and I really enjoyed this recipe. Will definitely make it again!"
"just got done making this ,my son and i don't like macaroni salad ,but this we like .left out the egg and added a bit of shredded carrots ,salt,pepper and a bit more mustard , turned out great . will be making it again."
"My husband does NOT like macaroni salads..... but he liked THIS one! ! I made a big batch for a family gathering, and there wasn't any left. Yummy!"
"we make this for a summer -time meal... so easy and light and it doesn't heat up the house! thank you for another summer meal idea!"
"Best macaroni salad I've ever made. I substituted shredded carrots for the celery and 1/4 cup red onions for the sliced green onions. The dressing is light and flavorful."
"This was very good. I added an extra 2 tsps of prepared mustard and 2 1/2 tsps of salt once ready to be chilled. Very, very good."
"This recipe was FANTASTIC! Loved it!"