- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate syrup
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Continue beating until smooth and shiny. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 28-30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and pudding mixes until smooth. Spread over the crust; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Spread with whipped topping. Store in the refrigerator. Just before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yield: 15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Cream Puff Dessert
Sort By :
"Have made this numerous times and always come home with an empty pan. Yummy!"
"I have made this numerous times. The end product always impresses everyone and they seem to think it is complicated to make. It is quite simple and absolutely delicious. I would definitely recommend!"
"Wonderful dessert! I have made it with sugar free pudding mix and low fat whipped topping for a lighter dessert. Always fabulous."
"This is always the first dessert to go at any gathering. LOVE IT!!!"
"I loved this recipe....I bake for a living and my customers loved it!"