Inspired by classic cream puffs, this recipe is a wonderful treat. I've served it at Cub Scout banquets, birthday parties and holidays. I'm a regular baker, and this dessert is one of my all-time favorites.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate syrup
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Continue beating until smooth and shiny. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 28-30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk and pudding mixes until smooth. Spread over the crust; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Spread with whipped topping. Store in the refrigerator. Just before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Cream Puff Dessert in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Vanilla Cream Puff Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review