Steal hearts this Valentine's Day with brownies that have cute frosting centers. They're simply irresistible. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red paste food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, adding mint extract to batter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and food coloring if desired until light and fluffy. Place in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dust with cocoa; set aside. Cut brownies into 15 rectangles. Using a 1-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out a heart from the center of each brownie. Reserve cutout centers for another use. Place brownies on prepared baking sheet. Pipe frosting into centers of brownies. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Valentine Heart Brownies in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p8
Reviews for Valentine Heart Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review