- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Red paste food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, adding mint extract to batter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and food coloring if desired until light and fluffy. Place in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dust with cocoa; set aside. Cut brownies into 15 rectangles. Using a 1-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out a heart from the center of each brownie. Reserve cutout centers for another use. Place brownies on prepared baking sheet. Pipe frosting into centers of brownies. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Valentine Heart Brownies
Sort By :
"great way to involve the kids in making treats! Might be a little extra work but worth it to have them involved."
"Such a cute idea for just a little more effort! Everyone's made ordinary rectangle brownies. Why not give a litte extra (a labor of love)? I'm going to make these today! Thanks for sharing a fun idea!"
"Such a cute idea. I tried these last night and the kids loved them. They all asked me to make them again for their school party. This time we ate the cutouts, but I think next time we will make them into fruit cabobs."
"Seems like a lot of work when you could just pipe the hearts on top of the brownies and then you get to eat the whole brownie, instead of the middle being missing..."