- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red paste food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions, adding mint extract to batter. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, cream the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and food coloring if desired until light and fluffy. Place in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dust with cocoa; set aside. Cut brownies into 15 rectangles. Using a 1-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out a heart from the center of each brownie. Reserve cutout centers for another use. Place brownies on prepared baking sheet. Pipe frosting into centers of brownies. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Valentine Heart Brownies(4)
Sort By :
great way to involve the kids in making treats! Might be a little extra work but worth it to have them involved.
Such a cute idea for just a little more effort! Everyone's made ordinary rectangle brownies. Why not give a litte extra (a labor of love)? I'm going to make these today! Thanks for sharing a fun idea!
Such a cute idea. I tried these last night and the kids loved them. They all asked me to make them again for their school party. This time we ate the cutouts, but I think next time we will make them into fruit cabobs.
Seems like a lot of work when you could just pipe the hearts on top of the brownies and then you get to eat the whole brownie, instead of the middle being missing...
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Mix Recipes >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >