- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), baked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut baked potatoes into 1-in. cubes. Place half in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the salt, pepper and bacon. Top with half of the sour cream and cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
Sort By :
"Very good. I didn't read the reviews first, bad decision. I was in a bind with little time and not enough potatoes to fill the bottom of a 9x13 - in first layer. I quickly made some instant potatoes (not something I would make for Christmas Eve but was in a bind). I mixed with the baked potatoes. Turned out great!!"
"Family loved it--had to add it to the recipe box immediately!"
"Awesome recipe, but listen to the reviewers that made modifications. I doubled the amount of potatoes and only used 2 cups of sour cream and it turned out great, but if I make it again, I'll cut back on the sour cream even more. It tasted wonderful though and everyone loved it!"
"Very good Recipe! Very easy to make and was delicious! Needed more than 6 potatoes for a 13 X 9 pan . I ended up using 8 or 9 medium size...which and was over 2 lbs."
"Very pretty dish, very delicious! The mixture of cheeses, bacon and green onions can't be beat!"