- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), baked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut baked potatoes into 1-in. cubes. Place half in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the salt, pepper and bacon. Top with half of the sour cream and cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
Sort By :
Great side Dish! I adjusted some sour cream but I added some butter. Definitely will be made again soon
I made this for my in-laws one night for supper. Wow! They loved it! My husband said make sure you make it again... It really is a great tasting potato recipe. Love it!
This is one of those recipes you better only make for people you like. It's amazingly delicious, and whomever you make it for will keep coming back for more! Cheesy, goodness with bacon and onions too. What's not to love? It's a great one for grilled meals in the summer, goes well with steak or chicken and feeds a crowd too!
For all of you who loved this recipe but hated the prep time, put your potatoes in a plastic grocery bag, tie it loosely and microwave. I'd say about 10 to 15 minute for 6 large baking potatoes or 10 minutes for 6 medium red potatoes. Check them half way through so you don't over cook and adjust time accordingly. You can do this the day before and just stick them in the frig till your ready to make your casserole. This is what I did for this recipe. Love the recipe and this will be a keeper. Thank you
This was good, but too rich for our tastes. If I make it again, I'd try using less sour cream.