- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), baked
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut baked potatoes into 1-in. cubes. Place half in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the salt, pepper and bacon. Top with half of the sour cream and cheeses. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle with onions. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Twice-Baked Potato Casserole
Sort By :
Very pretty dish, very delicious! The mixture of cheeses, bacon and green onions can't be beat!
Excellent recipe, but I missed the fact that the potatoes needed to be already baked before assembling the casserole. Mine turned out tasty but potatoes were still very under-cooked, even after adding 20 minutes to the cooking time. Needless to say, I'll have to try this again!
Great side Dish! I adjusted some sour cream but I added some butter. Definitely will be made again soon
I made this for my in-laws one night for supper. Wow! They loved it! My husband said make sure you make it again... It really is a great tasting potato recipe. Love it!
This is one of those recipes you better only make for people you like. It's amazingly delicious, and whomever you make it for will keep coming back for more! Cheesy, goodness with bacon and onions too. What's not to love? It's a great one for grilled meals in the summer, goes well with steak or chicken and feeds a crowd too!