- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 36 caramels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°. Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-6 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine caramels and 1/2 cup cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted. Stir in pecans. Spread filling evenly into crust. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. Whip remaining cream; serve with tart. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Turtle Praline Tart
Sort By :
A nice recipe. I have made this before and also used mini cupcake pans Baked pastry, added a bit caramel mixture, chopped nuts and chocolate drizzle. it is a hit all the way around! it is a recipe I would make again and keep in my favorite box.
Kathy here! Just a heads up that I DID NOT put the foil in my recipe. I guess the editors thought it was required, but I did not! So sorry about that !!!
Thank goodness for the foil warning! I hope you don't use a microwave, any electronic devices, a cell phone, flourescent lights, or breathe the air.
Tart was wonderful.
My husband drooled over the picture and thought the finished product was amazing.
I baked the crust on baking sheet. Cut it in pieces and put it in miniature dessert dishes. Poured the mixture on top. Topped with whipped cream. Everyone did think it was a fancy dish.