“This is a delicious stew,” says Carma Blosser of Livermore, Colorado. “The sausage and turnips give it really special flavor.” A slice of crusty bread makes a great mop to clean up any remaining broth!
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, carrots, turnip, onion, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Turnip Sausage Stew in Cooking for 2 Fall 2008, p45
Reviews for Turnip Sausage Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review