- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup stewed tomatoes
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the potatoes, carrots, turnip, onion, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Turnip Sausage Stew
Sort By :
"Really simple and really delicious. Broth is thin more like a soup. I doubled the recipe, used vegetable broth instead of water, and substituted parsnips for the turnips. Really nice, healthy meal that everyone liked. Will be making regularly."
"This stew is satisfying and super simple! Used mild italian sausage instead of bulk sausage and it gave it that extra flavor. Had cheese rolls with it and it made an excellent fall lunch!"