True Belgian Waffles Recipe
Want more recipes to inspire your morning? Take a peek at our Best Breakfasts and Brunches Guide
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles
Sort By :
ALL I CAN SAY IS AMAZING!!!!! I did use crisco butter flavor shortening because I did not have enough butter on hand but these are the BEST waffles I have ever made!!!!
Fixed these for family this morning and they were gone in a hurry! Will consider doubling the batch next time. The only problem I had was getting the egg whites to peak-which is always a tricky ordeal without cream of tarter. Taste better than cake doughnuts!
Used this recipe and it was great tried different fruit inside the batter and on tip could not go wrong it was great and going ot make more soon. Thank you Took a picture of the beautiful waffles and do not know where to submit that if you have any suggestions you can give me let me know and I can share how beautiful the Belgian Waffles on this page turned out. Let's get cooking.
I love making these. My Husband and son's love it when I do!! They come out soft at first but then crisp up. MMMMM GOOD!!
This recipe was wonderful! I was craving a sweeter tasting waffle and this recipe hit the spot. I accidentally forgot the vanilla, but they still turned out perfect! We topped the waffles with strawberries or syrup. Excellent overall recipe, pretty easy, and I can't wait to make them again! Definitely a recipe I will keep!