- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles
Sort By :
"I wish it would have been thicker."
"This is a pretty awesome recipe. To get more awesome recipes with video tutorial check us outhttp://deliciousfinerecipes.blogspot.in/"
"Love the recipe used Coconut Vanilla milk and it was great. Can't have syrup so the sweet waffle work for me. Little work but great taste."
"I tried this recipe a couple weeks ago. I wanted to try a different waffle recipe instead of the one I always use. This recipe looked and tasted better than my usual one. I followed the recipe exactly and didn't expect them to turn out this good. The waffles were crispy on the edges and soft on the inside. The whole house smelled like I was baking cookies. I will definitely be making them again. Being part Belgian myself, I was very impressed with this recipe."
"Made these tonight! Yum. The butter in the recipe seems extreme, but it's the key. And to the comment about being too salty, make sure you use unsalted butter. I used one salted and one unsalted as a personal preference to cut the sweet. I also cut it to 1/2 cup white sugar and added 1/4 brown sugar, because it's just what I do. They are marvelous and not brown and gross, unless it's because I have a cheap-o waffle iron..."