- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles
Sort By :
"Just made these for the first time. A little sweet for me, but besides that they taste good. I did have an issue, if anyone has some input. The waffles come out soggy but as they cool they become crunchy. Any ideas why?"
"These are completely AWESOME!!"
"There is seriously something wrong with the way you follow recipes if you screw this one up. Absolutely delicious! Fair warning...really sweet but that's the way I like it :)...nom nom nom."
"I don't know how anyone could have messed these up! If you're waffle iron was left with a bunch of grease .... THEN THE PROBLEM WAS WITH YOU AND NOT THE RECIPE! These were undeniably delicious and fluffy!"
"I joined just so i could review the recipe.... These waffles are horrible. Belgian grandma is senile. A cup of butter??! Disgusting. The waffle iron was left with a bunch of grease from all the butter and they burned because of all the fat."