True Belgian Waffles Recipe
Want more recipes to inspire your morning? Take a peek at our Best Breakfasts and Brunches Guide
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles
Sort By :
I have made the classic Belgium waffle recipe that is a little labour/time intensive. It requires making a batter the night before with fresh yeast. This is the first quick Belgium waffle recipe that actually tastes like the classic recipe. What a treat! The 1 cup of butter sure helps! I cut back the sugar to 1/4c....and it was still sweet. Next time I'll just use 2 tbsp sugar. A wonderful recipe -- thanks for sharing!
The Best Waffles We've Ever Had! Even restaurants haven't beat it yet. We've been spoiled and would want any other waffles after these. YUMMMYY ^_^
Turned out great just wanted to try a different waffle recipe.
Way to sweet maybe 1/4 cup sugar my husband didn't even eat half of his waffle now I have all that extra and wasted batter
These waffles are great! They taste just like my grandmother's waffles, and I have been looking for a recipe that matches what she used to make. I added a bit of cinnamon like she used to do. So glad I found this!