- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles
Sort By :
"I followed Corwin44's suggestions of reducing butter and sugar and using low fat buttermilk. Delicious!! Recipe is now in my Recipe Box. A perfect Father's Day starter!"
"Wow!!! Made these about 10 times since I got my waffle maker. I'm the super dad at my kid's school. Half the basketball team ate these at my house, I had to make a couple more batches. Comment to "Jimmythesuit" STAY AWAY FROM THE KITCHEN if you ruined this recipe."
"Just made these for the first time. A little sweet for me, but besides that they taste good. I did have an issue, if anyone has some input. The waffles come out soggy but as they cool they become crunchy. Any ideas why?"
"These are completely AWESOME!!"
"There is seriously something wrong with the way you follow recipes if you screw this one up. Absolutely delicious! Fair warning...really sweet but that's the way I like it :)...nom nom nom."