True Belgian Waffles Recipe
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks. Add milk, butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with strawberries or syrup. Yield: 10 waffles (about 4-1/2 inches).
Reviews for True Belgian Waffles(89)
Sort By :
I made this recipe 2 times, it is the best waffle recipe i have ever made. i used real butter and a different flour, they came out perfect. My family loved them.
BEST WAFFLES IN THE WORLD
Awful! To sweet and to soggy! Followed the recipe exactly. YUCK
I was excited to make this recipe although at first glance I thought it called for WAY too much butter. Sure enough after making two waffles, they were greasy and flat. So not wanting to waste anything I doubled the recipe but did not add anymore butter. They came out ok but still seemed too flat. But as the recipe stands, it is calling for too much butter. One cup of butter is equal to two sticks!
These waffles are the best I have ever tasted! I am discarding my old tried and true recipe for this one. I noticed that many of the poor reviews are from people who altered the recipe by adding extra eggs, or milk, or reducing butter and sugar etc. In this case the poor rating belongs to your altered version and it isn't fair to the original. I always try a recipe as is first, following it step by step and then alter it to my likes the next go round if the original wasn't up to par. The next time I make this one I might reduce the sugar if we are using syrup and keep it as is if using fruit or cream cheese.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >