Tortellini Broccoli Bake Recipe
- 1 package (19 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini, cooked and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, broccoli, pimientos and onion; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese until melted. Fold in broccoli mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly, stirring twice. Top with remaining Parmesan. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tortellini Broccoli Bake
Sort By :
Tastes really good. But next time, I'll double the sauce.
This was really good. I made it exactly as the recipe said, except that I used fresh broccoli that I cooked along with the tortellini. Oh, and I left out the onion because I didn't feeling like chopping 2 tablespoons. Next time I think I will add some cooked chicken or ham.