- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups milk chocolate English toffee bits, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 12-15 minutes or until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add milk, eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup toffee bits. Pour over crust. Bake 18-22 minutes longer or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits; cool completely. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Toffee Cheesecake Bars
"These are GREAT!! Will be making these again. First layer was powdery, but I made them just as the recipe stated and they turned out awesome. Reading the reviews really helps.."
"Made these yesterday for a dinner party and they were delicious. Rave reviews from everyone. Although they were sweet there was a nice balance of flavor. I also added whole pecans to the top and they elevated the overall bar. Yummy...can't eat more than two...but you don't need to because they are so satisfying."
"These were declared by my husband to be THE BEST. High praise indeed as he is my official taster. I did not have milk chocolate toffee bits so I used butterscotch bits and chocolate chips combined. They looked lovely, cut beautifully, and tasted fabulous. Thank you. We will be making these many more times."
"Very disappointing results for the cost of the ingredients involved. Had a very lukewarm response to these at a church pot luck - won't make again."
"I made these for a church potluck. They were a hit!"
"Just want to add my five stars to this outstanding recipe. I followed the recipe to a "T" and cannot begin to tell you how much they were enjoyed. They were easy to prepare and super easy to eat and enjoy. The only problem...they do not last long enough. Will definitely be making these often."
"The bars were very good. Everyone enjoyed them. I had to give the recipe to my guests. I will make them again."