Toasted Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
These down-home-flavored cookies are a family favorite. Toasting the oats gives them an extra nutty flavor. The cookies freeze well and remain crisp...but I've found that whenever I make them of our children and grandchildren, I never have enough left to freeze!
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter until lightly browned. Add oats, stirring constantly until golden, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool. Combine flour and baking soda; set aside. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until light. Stir in dry ingredients and peanuts until well blended. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire rack to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Toasted Oatmeal Cookies in Reminisce Extra February 1993, p49
Reviews for Toasted Oatmeal Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review