Three-Cheese Jumbo Shells Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, tomato paste, bouillon and oregano. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan cheese and egg. Stuff shells with the cheese mixture.
- Arrange shells in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Spoon meat sauce over shells. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Three-Cheese Jumbo Shells
Sort By :
"I tried it but would like to tweek it , some garlic , onion powder,.."
"Will make again, this was yummy! I did add 1 tabsp. parsley, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper to cheese mixture. Next time I might add 1 tsp. Italian seasoning to meat mixture."
"Made last night for dinner and we all had seconds..East to make and yummy..."
"I noticed this recipe needed more spices so I added 1-1/2 tsp. basil, 1-1/2 tsp. parsley, 1-1/2 tsp. garlic, 1-1/2 tsp. sugar, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper and omitted the beef bouillon. It tasted like my homemade lasagna recipe that won 1st place in a contest."
"Super yummy and super filling! It took me a little longer to prepare it. Maybe closer to an hour. But it was a big hit with my Husband! Will make this again and again!"