- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Sliced tomato, onion, pickles and condiments, optional
- In a large bowl, combine egg and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns with toppings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for The Perfect Hamburger
Sort By :
"These were so awesome, I didn't add the horseradish though. The chili sauce gave it such a spicy sweet flavour, and broiling them worked great!"
"These were really good. I was a little wary about the horseradish sauce, but they turned out great."
"I use this recipe for many cookouts. Everyone constantly raves about these hamburgers. The only changes I make is I use 3 pounds hamburger but only double the rest of the ingredients. Also I add 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke. Fantastic!"
"This combination sounds wonderful! I have used horseradish in my hamburgers quite often, but not with the chili sauce. TO SUNGOLD ~~~ Horseradish goes with any meat!! As a disclaimer, DO NOT put it in your infant's formula!! I'm sure the only spices you use are salt and pepper!!"