We love a BBQ sauce with all the right moves: ketchup, mustard, lemon juice, chili powder, Worcestershire and brown sugar. — Sandy Klocinski, Summerville, South Carolina
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Texas-Style BBQ Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Texas-Style BBQ Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review