Texas-Style BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Texas-Style BBQ Sauce(4)
Sort By :
This recipe was great! It was sweeter than it was spicy so my 7 year old ate it & loved it!!! Definitely keep this recipe!
I've never made my own bbq sauce, and the sweet-sour of this looked good. I used it in the BBQ Chicken Sliders recipe from the April/May 2013 issue (http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/BBQ-Chicken-Sliders?cpi=1&sort=2). Oh. My. Word. is this some delicious sauce. This will definitely become a regular thing in our house. Yum!
This BBQ sauce is thick and flavorful. Perfect for basting chicken, ribs, etc. My family even likes this sauce on hot dogs!
This BBQ sauce is thick and flavorful with just the right amount of zing - perfect for basting. My family enjoys it especially on grilled food.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Condiments >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Condiments >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Carb Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >