Taco Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, 3/4 cup water, onion and taco seasoning. Pour over pork and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Remove pork to a serving plate and keep warm. Combine flour and remaining water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Taco Pork Chops
Sort By :
"Super easy and extremely delicious! One of my husband's new favorites! The kids liked it, too :)"
"Made this tonight for the roomates and myself as I had every thing on hand, this was awesome every body said this is definetly a keeper. Loved by all"
"I'm always hesitant about trying new dinners with 3 boys...one of them quite picky. However, this recipe was a hit! Will definitely be making it again and again and again.....the sauce/gravy was delicious on the rice too."
"I used taco sauce instead of tomato sauce for a little extra kick. My son and I enjoyed this with rice."
"This pork chop recipe was very refreshing! My whole family enjoyed it. We all felt it was a keeper. It has been added to my folder as a monthly dinner. :)"