Taco-Filled Pasta Shells Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each casserole):
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Transfer to a bowl; cool. Chill for 1 hour.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Gently toss with butter. Fill each shell with about 3 tablespoons of meat mixture. Place 12 shells in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To prepare remaining shells, spoon salsa into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Top with stuffed shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses and chips. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and onions.
- To use frozen shells: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours (shells will be partially frozen). Spoon salsa into a greased 9-in. square baking dish; top with shells and taco sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and chips; proceed as directed. Yield: 2 casseroles (6 servings each).
Reviews for Taco-Filled Pasta Shells
Sort By :
Loved This!!! Easily adaptable for any family's taste. Best part of all, I can whip it up in the morning, clean the kitchen and have the rest of my day not worrying "what's for dinner"! Thanks for sharing!
Tastes great and easily modified to personal preferences
I think this was such a great idea! I used a whole jar of salsa...enough to have the bottom of the dish covered. Then a few weeks after I made the frozen batch and it tasted just as good as the first one
My family & friends just love this recipe!!!
This was fantastic! We are vegetarian, so I did a bag (almost 1 pd.) of our veggie burger, and one can of black beans (only because our veggie burger is quite pricey!). The rest I did exactly as the recipe stated. I baked all so we have left-overs for tomorrow. Thanks for sharing - my husband said it is his favorite meal now!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >