- 4 ounces Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Divide cheese in half. Cut half of cheese into 1/4-inch cubes; shred remaining cheese. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir beer into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Drizzle with butter. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Swiss Beer Bread(15)
Sort By :
I made with 1/3 Gran Padano and 2/3 Asiago of the 4 ounces and it was fabulous!
I made this last week and was very disappointed. I used 6 ozs shredded swiss and there
was no cheese flavor at all - I am going to try it again with cheddar.
I made this company last night to go with my Beef & Beer Stew. Big hit. Made as directed. I will try with Guyere Cheese next. Can this freeze, anybody know? This is a real keeper.
This is one of the only cheese breads I have tried my husband and I love it I love the fact that it is quick
Delicious for a quick bread recipe. Was gone in about 15 min. My kids and husband loved it!!