Sweet Potato Spice Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup finely shredded uncooked sweet potato
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sweet potato and orange juice concentrate. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Spice Cookies(10)
Sort By :
Delicious and fun to make. The Grandkids loved them. This recipe is a keeper.
These were okay. Really kind of boring. Not sure the sweet potato added anything.
Delicious and so easy to make... Will definitely keep in my Recipe box to make again...
Very good, but very sweet! One or two was more than enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. This will be a great cookie to make for all the upcoming holiday parties. I didn't have any OJ concentrate, so I used 1 T. orange extract and 2 T. water.
Kids, husband and coworkers love it. The only thing I changed-instead of orange concentrate I used orange zest from 1 large orange