Sweet Potato Dessert Squares Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added milk or butter)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream and pecan halves, optional
- Set aside 3/4 cup of the cake mix. Combine the remaining mix with butter and egg until crumbly; spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Whisk filling ingredients until smooth; pour over crust.
- For topping, cut butter into reserved cake mix until crumbly. Stir in the pecans, sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the filling.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool. Garnish with whipped cream and pecan halves if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Dessert Squares(3)
Sort By :
While searching for a sweet potato pie recipe I came across this and decided to try it instead - was I glad I did! So delicious and different. Will be great for holiday time. The topping with the pecans adds such a wonderful taste. Will for sure be making this one again! Thanks for sharing Betty!
best sweet potato recipe/ best dessert recipe EVER! so addicting....u have been warned!
I had some left over baked sweet potatoes, so I made this recipe, my only tweak was to use crushed gingersnap cookies instead of pecans..... very nice flavor. nice recipe and very easy.