These healthy, hearty nuts make a great snack and a terrific gift for just about anyone. Pour them into a decorative tin and start giving! Carla Hutton, Lakeside, Montana
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until frothy. Add almonds and oil; stir gently to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to egg white mixture and gently stir to coat.
- Spread into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 300° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Sweet-Hot Spiced Nuts in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p31
Reviews for Sweet-Hot Spiced Nuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review