- 1 egg white
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until frothy. Add almonds and oil; stir gently to coat. Combine the remaining ingredients; add to egg white mixture and gently stir to coat.
- Spread into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 300° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Sweet-Hot Spiced Nuts
"I accidentally reviewed the "Sweet & Spicy Nuts" recipe, but had actually made this one-oops!!! I made this with a mix of almonds, pecans, and walnuts and it was delicious. The second time I made it, I added some chili powder, a bit of cardamom, and extra cayenne b/c we like things spicy. It's excellent as-is, but even better with the extra kick."
"This recipe is excellent! Everywhere I take these almonds, people love them. I have a weird sort of pickiness in that I don't like flavor combinations involving a lot of sweet and savory together (such as sweet-and-sour or sweet-hot). I love these almonds, though!"
"Nice taste--hard to stop eating. The "hot" isn't noticeable at first, but grows a little--but not serious heat."
"These are GREAT! My go-to recipe that everyone asks for. I use 3/4 tsp. cinnamon and no coriander b/c I don't even know what coriander is. haha Addicting!!"