- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, halved widthwise
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning mix
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cheeses until blended. Spoon into pepper halves. Wrap a half-strip of bacon around each pepper half.
- Combine brown sugar and chili seasoning; coat peppers with sugar mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until bacon is firm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Jalapeno Poppers
Sort By :
"Quick, easy, & best of all....yummy!!!!"
"Excellent! . Everyone loved them. I cooked several without bacon for my vegetarian guest and he enjoyed them too."
"I place my stuffed without Bacon wrapped peppers on a cookie sheet, freeze solid and then place in freezer zip lock bag for future use within three months. To bake: thaw peppers 7-10 minutes, wrap with Bacon or thin sliced deli-meats and bake as directed on a broiler pan since the peppers sit perfect in grooves without tilting or oozing melted cheese."
"These were absolutely wonderful! I made them according to the recipe and they turned out great! I've made them several times and brought them to parties and every time I get requests for the recipe. It's also the appetizer I get the most requests to bring to a party. I didn't use chili powder but rather bought the dry packet of chili seasoning (as that was what I assumed the recipe was suggesting) and mixed that with the brown sugar. I think it adds a lot more depth of flavor than chili powder alone."