Swedish Creme Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen red raspberries
- In a large saucepan, combine cream and 1 cup sugar; cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160°(do not allow to boil). Stir in gelatin until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat; stir in extracts. Cool 10 minutes. Whisk in sour cream. Pour into eight dessert dishes. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, lightly crush raspberries; gently stir in remaining sugar. Spoon over tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Swedish Creme(3)
Sort By :
I've been making this dessert since it was printed in Taste of Home about 15 yrs ago.
A chocolate version can be made by adding cocoa powder too taste.
Not caring a lot for the taste of raw raspberries I use strawberries, blueberries or blackberries.
I always double the recipe because this is just way too delicious to serve in less than 1 cup portions
This is absolutely delightful and rich in flavor. I make this for Christmas every year and always asked for the recipe.
I make this for my Holiday Open House and always asked for the recipe. Can not have Xmas without it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >