Swedish Creme Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup plus 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- In a large saucepan, combine cream and 1 cup sugar; cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160°(do not allow to boil). Stir in gelatin until completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat; stir in extracts. Cool 10 minutes. Whisk in sour cream. Pour into eight dessert dishes. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, lightly crush raspberries; gently stir in remaining sugar. Spoon over tops. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Swedish Creme
Sort By :
This recipe was so different and it caught my attention. I'm really glad it did because it was definitely something special. Rich and delicious and not really that hard to make.
This is delicious and creamy, and could be served with any type of fruit or topping. Be sure to start stirring the minute you add the gelatin and stir thoroughly. I poured it in, then a few seconds later started stirring, and discovered after it had chilled that there were little gelatin pieces that hadn't dissolved well, so I'll be sure to stir quicker and longer after adding the gelatin next time. Yummy!!
Made this the other night. Cut recipe in half to see if I would like it before making full batch. WOW! Right up my alley. It was so good I am making enough to give my 12 co-workers a shot at it.
I've been making this dessert since it was printed in Taste of Home about 15 yrs ago.
A chocolate version can be made by adding cocoa powder too taste.
Not caring a lot for the taste of raw raspberries I use strawberries, blueberries or blackberries.
I always double the recipe because this is just way too delicious to serve in less than 1 cup portions
This is absolutely delightful and rich in flavor. I make this for Christmas every year and always asked for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >