Swedish Potato Sausage
This recipe is perfect for a family reunion and that I what I used it for. It feeds an army and you will be amazed how quickly it goes.—Norbert Manko, Iron Mountain, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makesabout 20 pounds
- 15 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 3 pounds onions, peeled
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 to 7 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons pepper
- 3 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- In a food grinder using the coarse disc, alternately process the potatoes, onions and pork. Combine with the ground beef. Mix until well distributed.
- Combine all dry ingredients and sprinkle over potato/meat mixture. Add milk and mix well.
- Sausage may be made into patties or stuffed into hog casings. Using immediately or freeze in serving-size portions.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 139 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 465mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Swedish Potato Sausage in Country October/November 1992