Sugarless Spice Cake Recipe
If you don't know what dessert to make for family members or friends who are diabetic, try this cake. It's very easy to make, and it's delicious!
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons liquid artificial sweetener
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a saucepan, cook raisins in water until water has evaporated. Add the applesauce, eggs, sweetener and oil; mix well. Blend in baking soda and flour. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour into a greased 8-in. square. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Sugarless Spice Cake in Country December/January 1992, p49
Reviews for Sugarless Spice Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review