Surprise Spice Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, soup, eggs and water; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake 30-33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 392 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
May 1, 2016
Excellent cake! I really like this and it took just minutes to get in the oven.
Oct 31, 2011
Very moist and tasty. One family member, who ordinarily does not like box cakes, had a second helping and did not know tomato soup was an ingredient.
Apr 12, 2011
I have made this and added nuts and raisins
Apr 13, 2009
I make a spice cake that uses tomato soup! It is a little differnt from this one but it sounds like it would be just as delicious. Don't let the sound of tomato soup in it turn you away. It adds a nice texture and flavor.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.