Stuffed Spinach Loaf Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and basil. Roll out bread dough to a 13-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle with meat mixture. Top with spinach; sprinkle with cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Spinach Loaf(2)
Sort By :
When my husband and I met, he raved about his mother's "spinach loaf", I had no clue what he was talking about, so I had to ask her for the recipe. This is almost the same recipe, the entire family LOVES when it's o the menu for dinner!
This is the best ever! I always brush the dough with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds before baking. Or poppy seeds, caraway seeds and more......