Stuffed Chicken Rolls Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; coat chicken on all sides. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and broth; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove toothpicks. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Chicken Rolls
Sort By :
Absolutely DELICIOUS! Increased the chicken broth (low-sodium) to 3/4 c and added a 1/4 c shredded parmesan to the sauce. Cooked it in the crockpot for 4-1/2 hrs, which was a bit too long, will do 4 hrs the next time. Served w/ Trader Joe's Basmati Rice Medley. This dish reheats well and is very, very tasty. A keeper!
My family loves this recipe. We have it about once a month. We bake it instead of crock pot. You can use bacon to hold it together instead of toothpicks. It ends up reminding us of the taste much like turkey dinner on Thanksgiving. I bake it at 375 for 30 minutes.
I didn't let the chicken rolls sit in the fridge and couldn't tell a difference. I liked this better cooked in the oven. 350 for 1 hour was more than enough. Probably would've been more moist if cooked for 45 min. i also salted and peppered the chicken before putting the ham and cheese on it. And subbed rubbed thyme for the rubbed sage. Added dried thyme and some pepper to the chicken soup/broth mixture too. A very good dish that I will be repeating!
This is very good!! I didnt have time to do the crockpot but did do every thing other then that, I put it in oven for 1hr and it had alot of flavor! My whole family liked this and will be making it again and will try to do the crockpot to see if theres a difference!!
The family really enjoyed this! Will make again soon.