- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- STRAWBERRY TOPPING:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon strawberry or vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- In a blender, combine the batter ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar, basil and lemon juice. Gently fold in strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, orange juice, extract and salt. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Melt 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour about 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Spoon filling over crepes; roll up. Serve with strawberry topping. Yield: 8 crepes.
Reviews for Strawberry Mascarpone Crepes
"These are a frequently requested weekend breakfast meal! I did not add the entire amount of basil and often leave it out completely. In a pinch if I haven't gotten to the grocery, I use a bar of cream cheese instead of Mascarpone cheese. I did not have luck prepping the filling ahead of time, but the topping worked fine to make ahead. Thank you for sharing the recipe!"
"This was my first time making crepes and they turned out awesome!!!! My kids loved them and they weren't as difficult as I had thought. Next time, I will try to prep the components the night before as another reviewer mentioned and see if they still turn out. I also will leave the basil out as it didn't really do much for the crepes and they would have been just as delicious without it."
"Delicious nothing more to say"
"I made these for Mother's Day & it was a big hit. After I mixed together the creams it was a little thick so I added some milk to thin it out and it came out great. I didn't add the basil. Top with strawberries & whipped cream. If any left over just put in the micro for 20-30 seconds, just to heat crepe not the cream and they come out just like you made them fresh. Great recipe to impress your family or friends. Try it, you'll like it."
"I too left out the basil, and made these this morning. easy to do and the taste was great. I think you could even prepare everything the night before and leave in the refrigerator and then quickly make the next morning so you lave less prep time. Definitely worth trying if you like the taste of cream cheese and strawberries."
"We made it as is, and next time I make it I will definitely eliminate the basil as well. Way to strong. But delicious otherwise!"
"These were delicious and easy! I have never made crepes before and they came out perfectly. The only change I made was to eliminate the basil."
"Instead of regular sugar, I used SPLENDA and it turned out wonderfully! Not to mention, it saved A LOT on calories!"