Strawberries 'n' Cream Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf.
Reviews for Strawberries 'n' Cream Bread(9)
Sort By :
Overall taste of the bread was good, but it definitely needs more berries. I also thought the recommended bake time was too long. I baked mine for 60 minutes and it was a tad over done, but not burnt.
After reading other reviews, I was disappointed with this bread. Just thought it was okay. It did not slice well...very crumbly.
This was very easy to make and tasted great.
This was a delicious bread that even the kids liked. It froze well and we are looking forward to making this again!
This recipe is wonderful! I used 1 cup strawberries & 1 cup pecans. It's also really good with fresh peaches & sliced almonds.