Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Paprika, optional
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese until melted. Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir to coat. If desired, sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
Sort By :
Boxed mac and cheese dinners are easier and have about as much taste.
There was absolutely no flavor to this recipe. Too much flour taste. Not recommended.
I really like this recipes, it's quick, easy, and tastes so good... too good. I plan on making this again, maybe with swiss, or pepperjack cheese!
It was different but I prefer the baked version. I will make this again for a quick side dish.