- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, sugar, tapioca, lemon juice and salt; toss gently. Let stand for 15 minutes. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Dot with butter; flute edges.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- From remaining pastry, cut out 15 large stars with a 2-in. cookie cutter and 15 small stars with a 1/2-in. cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Randomly place stars over cooled pie. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Star-Studded Blueberry Pie
Sort By :
Made this with frozen black raspberries - the "crust stars" on top are very festive - pie was a HIT!
This was so delicious! I don't usually like blueberrys but I really liked this recipie. My family enjoyed it so much that we finished it all that night.
Pastry for a double-crust pie is Pie crust, I suggest you buy a box of Pillsbury Roll-out in the dairy isle of your local store.
I am going to make this for my family but I have one question. What is Pastry for double-crust pie? Help me please!
I have not made this but it sounds great. I
would like to know if you let the frozen
berry thaw out before using then .