- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) home-style beef gravy
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 6 cups mashed potatoes
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Set aside 16 carrot pieces for eyes; add remaining frozen peas and carrots to pan. Stir in gravy, corn and onion. Spoon into two greased 2-qt. baking dishes or eight greased ovenproof 2-cup baking dishes.
- Place mashed potatoes in a large resealable plastic bag; cut a 2-in. hole in corner of bag. Pipe ghost-shaped potatoes onto beef mixture; add carrot pieces for eyes. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpooky Shepherd's Pie
"Canned Gravy? I don't even want to try this recipe. Taste of Home use to be about real cooking by real cooks. This is semi homemade! SAD."