- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, divided
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens or chopped fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds. Add 2 cups strawberries; cover and process until blended. Add 1/4 cup pecans; pulse until chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, onions and remaining strawberries and pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette in Country Extra July 2010, p45
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2013
I substituted walnuts for pecans and canned mangos for mandarin oranges with just a dash of salt and pepper. I also cut recipe in half. It was almost like having desert.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2011
Is a teaspoon of pepper correct?
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Spinach Salad Recipes >