Here’s a fruity spinach salad that even the kids will devour. The pretty strawberry drizzle peps up the greens nicely. —Carrie Sherrill, Forestville, Wisconsin
Featured In: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 3/4 cup pecan halves, divided
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens or chopped fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds. Add 2 cups strawberries; cover and process until blended. Add 1/4 cup pecans; pulse until chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, oranges, onions and remaining strawberries and pecans. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette in Country Extra July 2010, p45
Reviews for Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2013
"I substituted walnuts for pecans and canned mangos for mandarin oranges with just a dash of salt and pepper. I also cut recipe in half. It was almost like having desert."
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2011
"Is a teaspoon of pepper correct?"