The homemade pesto sets this main dish apart from the rest. Elegant enough for a special dinner but simple enough to a quiet evening at home, you can make this anytime. —Amy Blom, Marietta, GA
Featured In: 40 Tasty Chicken Thigh Recipes
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness.
- In a food processor, combine spinach, basil, garlic, oil, cheese, walnuts and broth. Cover and process until blended. Stir in tomatoes, artichoke hearts, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spread over chicken. Starting at a short side, roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place in two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes, seam side down. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Bake 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Pesto Spiral Chicken in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p63
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spinach-Pesto Spiral Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review