You won't miss the tomato sauce and pepperoni when you bite into this pizza from Wilma Lombardo, Santa Fe, New Mexico. Garlic, onion and basil season the spinach and cheese topping.
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In bread machine pan, place the first six ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 1 minute. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until puffed, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with garlic and garlic salt. Top with the spinach, onion, mushrooms, cheeses and basil. Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Spinach Feta Pizza in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p53
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Spinach Feta Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review