We're always trying to do fun things with food to make meal memorable. Better grab one of these sandwiches before it walks away! —Frank Millard, Edgerton, Wisconsin
Featured In: Creepy Crawly Halloween Party
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 12 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 12 dinner rolls, split
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olive slices
- Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle position. Preheat oven to 400°. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1/4-in. julienne strips. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Mix salt, cumin, thyme, cinnamon and pepper. Drizzle sweet potatoes with oil; sprinkle with spice mixture. Toss to coat.
- Bake on bottom oven rack 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and tender, turning once. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, onion and seasoned salt, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake on top oven rack 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Drain fat from baking dish; place cheese slices evenly over meat. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into 12 patties. Place one patty on each roll bottom; arrange eight fries to form spider legs. Replace tops. Press two olive slices onto cheese to form eyes. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spider Sliders in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p123
Reviews for Spider Sliders
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review