Bang Bang Shrimp Cake Sliders
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (41-50 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 6 green onions, chopped and divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 5 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 12 mini buns or dinner rolls
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Additional Sriracha chili sauce, optional
- Place shrimp in a food processor; pulse until chopped. In a large bowl, combine the egg, red pepper, 4 green onions, ginger and salt. Add shrimp and bread crumbs; mix gently. Shape into twelve 1/2-in.-thick patties. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine mayonnaise and the chili sauces; stir in cabbage and remaining green onions. Place buns on a baking sheet, cut sides up. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shrimp cakes in batches; cook until golden brown on each side, 4-5 minutes. Serve on toasted buns with slaw; secure with toothpicks. If desired, serve with additional chili sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 slider: 210 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 24, 2019
These were fantastic. First time making it so followed recipe exactly. Fresh ginger always key. Delicious the 2nd day.. (put on air fryer setting in toaster oven) . Looking forward to making these again for a party.