- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Repeat with sausage.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Spicy Touchdown Chili
Sort By :
"This was a very good chili. I liked the spice and the ease of assembly."
"I am blown away by how great this chili is! I do not like anything that is very spicy, however, my daughter and husband do, so I made this recipe for them and ended up eating even more than they did! I thought my old recipe was the best, but all three of us voted to make nothing but Spicy Touchdown Chili! The only change I did was to use Italian Sweet sausage instead of the sausage called for, and I put one small can of spicy spaghetti sauce into it as it didn't appear to have enough liquid. However, when it had cooked for awhile, I could see that it would have been fine without the extra sauce."
"I've made different chile recipes over the years but my family said this one was the best. I was a bit concerned that it would be too spicy as some of the sausage I used was hot Italian so I used a bit less cayenne, switched one can of the tomatoes with chile for plain diced tomatoes and added about a cup of tomato sauce and a small can of tomato paste. Next time I think I'll use a bit more bacon to make sure that taste comes through but this will be our go to recipe for chile going forward."
"I love this chili so much! It is sooo good and the flavors all mix so well together and the spice that it has, oh it is wonderful!!"
"This chili had great flavor! I did change it up a bit by using ground turkey for the meat and bloody mary mix in place of the beer. Next ime I'm going tot try it with tomato juice in place of the beer."