Spicy Touchdown Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Repeat with sausage.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Spicy Touchdown Chili
Sort By :
I've made different chile recipes over the years but my family said this one was the best. I was a bit concerned that it would be too spicy as some of the sausage I used was hot Italian so I used a bit less cayenne, switched one can of the tomatoes with chile for plain diced tomatoes and added about a cup of tomato sauce and a small can of tomato paste. Next time I think I'll use a bit more bacon to make sure that taste comes through but this will be our go to recipe for chile going forward.
I love this chili so much! It is sooo good and the flavors all mix so well together and the spice that it has, oh it is wonderful!!
This chili had great flavor! I did change it up a bit by using ground turkey for the meat and bloody mary mix in place of the beer. Next ime I'm going tot try it with tomato juice in place of the beer.
Made this for Super Bowl party and It's a big hit! This will be my go to chili recipe from now on.
Chili was good and had just the right amount of spice. I think next time I would do a little less beer. I felt like I kept getting a scent of beer the whole time. But it was still overall delicious
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Beer Chili >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Comfort Food Chili Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Potluck Chili Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chili >
- Slow Cooker Chili Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Ground Beef >