Spicy Breaded Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut into pieces and skinned
- In a plastic bag, mix bread crumbs, milk powder, chili powder, garlic powder and dry mustard; set aside. Place milk in a shallow pan. Dip chicken pieces into milk, then place in bag and shake to coat. Place chicken, bone side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with vegetable cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50 to 55 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spicy Breaded Chicken(3)
Sort By :
I used boneless chicken breasts and cut them down to have spicy chicken tenders. My guys loved it!
Can I use this recipe on the chicken pieces with skin?
My husband loves fried chicken, but I never had much success making it for him until I tried this recipe. His principal criterion for good chicken is how it tastes cold and this meets his standard. Everybody else willingly gobbles it hot or cold!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >