This no-fuss dish gets its zippy taste from Cajun seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes. Even those who don't like asparagus will enjoy these buttery spears.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 1-3/4 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the onion powder, seasoned salt, Cajun seasoning and red pepper flakes. Add asparagus spears, stir gently to coat. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Asparagus Spears in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p31
Reviews for Spicy Asparagus Spears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review