Spiced Pear Jam Recipe
- 8 cups chopped or coarsely ground peeled pears (about 5-1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a Dutch oven. Simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until thick, stirring occasionally. Stir more frequently as the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Reviews for Spiced Pear Jam
Sort By :
I hope this worked out right for me...it did not set like regular jam....did I do it right?? can someone tell me if this is normal...thanks ....I have not opened the jam yet to taste it but it smells great.
I made this jam for my husband and he loved it. I did use 2C brown & 2C white sugar. This recipe is a hit. I will definitely make this again.
I have been making jam in my new Ball jam maker, it is so much fun. I love pears and wanted something a little spiced up and zingy. This is a great recipe, I adjusted it for the machine & the amount of jam I was making. I also used half brown sugar as 99504bake mentioned. Thanks for the tips, the jam came out amazing. I decorated jars for Xmas and gave them as gifts..it's that good!
I'm new to canning this year and decided to start when I received two big bags filled with pears from my in laws. I found this recipe on the website and had to try it. It was so easy to make and tasted great. I gave some to my parents to try and they loved it as well and want to learn how to make it!
I switched out 1cup of sugar for 1 cup of brown sugar and added nutmeg after reading another review. Peeling the pears is made easier by dunking in boiling water first which loosens the peel for easier scrapping off with no fruit lost.