Spiced Pear Jam Recipe
- 8 cups chopped or coarsely ground peeled pears (about 5-1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a Dutch oven. Simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until thick, stirring occasionally. Stir more frequently as the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 6 half-pints.
Reviews for Spiced Pear Jam(7)
Sort By :
I'm new to canning this year and decided to start when I received two big bags filled with pears from my in laws. I found this recipe on the website and had to try it. It was so easy to make and tasted great. I gave some to my parents to try and they loved it as well and want to learn how to make it!
I switched out 1cup of sugar for 1 cup of brown sugar and added nutmeg after reading another review. Peeling the pears is made easier by dunking in boiling water first which loosens the peel for easier scrapping off with no fruit lost.
this recipe is awsome!!! love it!!
I didn't have enough pears, so I added some apples to it. Just awesome! Thanks for the recipe, a keeper for sure.
I tried this recipe to help use all the pears from my tree. It is one of the best jams I've ever tasted and friends I've shared with agree. Thank you for this recipe. Yummy!!