- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally; drain. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce; bring to a boil.
- Drain spaghetti; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spread sauce over top. Bake, covered, 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spaghetti with Bacon
Sort By :
"My grandmother, Mom and I have used this recipe since I was a child. We cooked it on top of stove and added a bay leaf."
"I made this last week. Will never make a single batch again. It was soooo good. My husband wanted more and we ran out. And it was just the two of us eating it. :0)"
"My mom made this spaghetti for me as a child 50 years ago with a few alterations. Diced green onions were sauteed with the onion using about 1 tbs of the bacon grease and then the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and 1/2 tbs of celery salt was added (with the cooked bacon), The sauce simmered on the stove top while the spaghetti was cooked (spaghetti strands are broken into thirds. Add cooked spaghetti to sauce and leave for about 15 minutes for the spaghetti to soak up some of the sauce. Stir occasionally. Just made a it today."
"My grandmother made this when I was a child and now I make it. The only thing is that in stead of spaghetti noodles we use elbow macaroni, and we do not bake it, we just cook it on the stove stop."
"Living in Chicago over 70 years ago my mother made only this recipe for spaghetti supposedly given to her by Mrs O'Reilly,but when I went to Rome, Italy I was given this spaghetti in an Italian restaurant using exactly the same recipe( checked with the chef). My children, grandchildren and friends all love it."