- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, salt, garlic powder, sugar and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti, butter, egg whites and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with cottage cheese and beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Pie
Sort By :
"I used gluten free rotini because that was all I had in the pantry. Yummy!"
"This is a family hit. I use Italian chopped tomatoes and no green pepper."
"We really liked this recipe. I did change it a bit by using my recipe for the meat sauce. It came out very watery, so not sure if I my meat sauce was too thin for this type of recipe, so the noodles didn't really bake into a crust. Will definitely have it again!"
"Amazing and tastes so good! Although you could easily substitute Prego or another spaghetti sauce in a pinch when time is short. I have picky eaters so I had to remove the onion and green peppers for them, but I make one for the adults with the onion and peppers. YUM!"
"PS - I also used roasted tomato's and paste with basil, oregano and garlic instead of plain. So I didn't have issues with the flavor."