Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, salt, garlic powder, sugar and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the spaghetti, butter, egg whites and Parmesan cheese. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Top with cottage cheese and beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Spaghetti Pie
Sort By :
"This is a family hit. I use Italian chopped tomatoes and no green pepper."
"We really liked this recipe. I did change it a bit by using my recipe for the meat sauce. It came out very watery, so not sure if I my meat sauce was too thin for this type of recipe, so the noodles didn't really bake into a crust. Will definitely have it again!"
"Im tempted to try spaghetti squash instead of noodles. make sure you let it sit for the time specified after you take it out of the oven or else it will fall apart"
"Amazing and tastes so good! Although you could easily substitute Prego or another spaghetti sauce in a pinch when time is short. I have picky eaters so I had to remove the onion and green peppers for them, but I make one for the adults with the onion and peppers. YUM!"
"PS - I also used roasted tomato's and paste with basil, oregano and garlic instead of plain. So I didn't have issues with the flavor."