Southwestern Rice Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute green pepper and onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, rice, cumin and turmeric; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Add the beans, tomatoes and corn; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Southwestern Rice(4)
Sort By :
This rice is really tasty. The only thing I changed is I used a 15 oz. can of petite diced tomatoes and a 4 oz. can of mild chilies. It was easy and tasted great. I'll definitely be making this again. It was even better the next day. Enjoy!
It is easy to make and it tasted delicious.
I do most of cooking at our house. I find the "Nutrition Facts" very useful with my wife and daughter both on a diet.
More Recipe Collections
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Side Dishes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >