The more time I spend in the kitchen, the happier I am! These baked eggs with a true Southwestern flavor are perfect to serve when entertaining overnight guests.
Recommended: What to Make for Dinner When Your Fridge is Bare
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into eggs (batter will be lumpy). Add cheeses, butter and chiles. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Southwestern Egg Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p15
Reviews for Southwestern Egg Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2011
"I made this for my family for Christmas brunch, and it was a hit. The cottage cheese lends a creamy/tangy contrast to the slight spiciness of the peppers. It is delicious! Will make again!"