Southern Pot Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning. Top with corn, onion and green pepper. Combine the tomatoes, pepper and hot pepper sauce; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender. Serve corn mixture with slotted spoon. Yield: 5 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Southern Pot Roast(2)
Sort By :
I thought this was just okay; definitely not your traditional pot roast.
I made this for Superbowl Sunday, and everyone loved it! It was so easy to put together, and it has a wonderful flavor. Would make this again!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >
- Roast Recipes >