Sour Cream Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- When cool enough to handle, peel and slice potatoes. Place in a large bowl; add salad dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Slice eggs in half; remove yolks and set aside. Chop egg whites; add to potatoes with celery and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, mustard, celery seed and salt. Crumble egg yolks; add to mayonnaise mixture and whisk until blended. Spoon over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sour Cream Potato Salad(2)
Sort By :
I thought this potato salad was exceptional. I don't think that you have to wait that long to chill it though. I made each component and chilled them all at the same time that way in two hours everything was done. This had a creamy texture and nice little zest to it with the Italian dressing and horseradish. I will definitely make this again!
Potato salad was very tasty and definitely a keeper for us. However, I measured 2lbs of potatoes exactly and I had way too much dressing for the potatoes. I like extra creamy potato salad, so my preference was not the issue. Next time I'll cut back on the dressing ingredients by 1/3.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Creamy Potato Salads >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >