Sour Cream Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mint or semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the egg, sour cream, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sour Cream Chip Muffins(13)
Sort By :
Great recipe! First time making this recipe very moist I had more than one they are so addictive!! I also sold a couple people love them! Can I make this recipe for jumbo muffins?
Wow, best chocolate chip muffins I've tasted in a while! Very moist and fluffy!
Excellent recipe! Very moist and tender.
I've made this recipe twice now and it was incredible! Though I didn't have sour cream on hand so I substituted plain Greek yogurt and the taste of the muffins was like cheesecake! They were so rich that though I'd put three on my plate, I could barely make it through the second muffin.
I love how quick and easy this recipe is and one day I'll see how it is with sour cream but for now I'll keep using yogurt because there's nothing like eating something that tastes like cheesecake in the morning ^_^
This is now a weekly staple in my kids school lunches. One week I didn't have time and grabbed a pack of store bought chocolate chip muffins and they wouldn't eat them! For sure a kid fav! Super moist and fluffy, I cut the sugar down a bit but even if you don't it's not too sweet at all!!!