- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mint or semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the egg, sour cream, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sour Cream Chip Muffins
Sort By :
"I thought these were delicious! I'm not a big chocolate eater so used dried cherries instead. LOVED them!! Next time I will double the recipe and freeze some so hopefully they'll last a little longer."
"So easy to make and they are so delicious that all 12 are gone within hours. It's great to make w your kids too. Had to cut baking time to 15 minutes but I think my oven runs hotter than it should! :)"
"Great recipe! First time making this recipe very moist I had more than one they are so addictive!! I also sold a couple people love them! Can I make this recipe for jumbo muffins?"
"Wow, best chocolate chip muffins I've tasted in a while! Very moist and fluffy!"
"Excellent recipe! Very moist and tender."