- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mint or semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the egg, sour cream, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sour Cream Chip Muffins
"These are delicious! I often will make a double batch and freeze them. This is a often requested recipe whenever I share them."
"I made these with whole wheat pastry flour, greek non fat plain yogurt instead of sour cream for extra protein and half the calories. I also omitted the butter and used canola oil. They were so moist. I took them to work for a birthday and only had a few left."
"very good and simple!"
"I thought these were delicious! I'm not a big chocolate eater so used dried cherries instead. LOVED them!! Next time I will double the recipe and freeze some so hopefully they'll last a little longer."
"So easy to make and they are so delicious that all 12 are gone within hours. It's great to make w your kids too. Had to cut baking time to 15 minutes but I think my oven runs hotter than it should! :)"